Only 11 more sleeps until Christmas! At chez Esther, we are getting very excited for the big day, none more so than Ruby and Caira. I swear they know Santa Claus is on his way, and they are getting giddier by the day! If you are like me then your Christmas shopping is not complete until presents for your beloved pets are wrapped and under the tree alongside the rest of your family’s presents. So, just in time for those last minute purchases I thought I would bring you my selection box of super-dooper doggy gifts.
(1) I have long been a fan of all things Fairfax and Favour, so imagine my delight when I stumbled across their rather stylish and elegantly named Sennowe dog collars. It turns out that these gorgeous doggie accessories were the result of an admin error. A mix-up over an order of extra small Sennowe belts (suffice to say exceptionally extra small!) resulted in their reinvention into stylish collars for the “dog about town”. The story of how they came about makes me love them even more….
(2) My next choice is not only stylish, but practical too! The warm, waterproof wax jackets from the quintessential purveyor of stylish countrywear, Barbour, win everytime. They will keep your pooch warm and dry no matter what the weather and, to top it all, Barbour give £5 to Battersea dogs and cats home for every wax jacket sold – if an excuse was needed to buyone of these coats then that would be it….
(3) As we all know, our canine friends can be partial to a treat or two so imagine their delight on Christmas morning when they find these little beauties in their stocking. Hungry Mutz have created these dog friendly and delicious (so I am reliably informed) mince pies. Rest assured that they are completely safe and toxin free. I have long been a fan and always include them in the goodie bags that I give to clients during my Christmas charity sessions and I have never had a dog turn his or her nose up at them yet!
(4) Sticking with an edible theme (let’s face it, we all know that is a pretty safe bet when it comes to keeping our beloved dogs happy!) how about the “12 sausages ofChristmas” Christmas cracker from deluxe doggie boutique Betty and Butch. Whilst I am sure your best friend will be treated to a morsel or two of turkey on Christmas Day, how special will they feel when they have their very own turkey and cranberry sausages!
(5) Last but definitely not least who could resist these adorable doggie bow ties? (modelled here by Caira) who was lucky enough to be sent this very cool bowtie “Give the dog a bow” and we have both fallen in love with it. The quality is lovely and they are very cleverly designed to simply clip on to your dog’s collar. To make sure she doesn’t feel left out, Ruby’s bow has been ordered and should be arriving in the post any day now!
I hope this little guide to some of the unique Christmas gifts out there has lent you some inspiration should you need it. Of course if you are wanting to treat the animal lover in your life to a really special gift then you may want to consider one of my Christmas gift vouchers. This entitles them to a portrait photography session with their dog or horse (usually! – other animals can be accommodated!) and, for a limited time only over the festive period, there is also a £50 credit to spend at the viewing session. Sorry to be a bit salesy for a minute but, though I say so myself, it really is a fabulously personal and special gift for a human and their treasured pet.
Finally, I would like to wish you all and your animals a very merry and peaceful Christmas